The school now operates an online payment system for school uniform through PARENTPAY. If you would like to use this facility you can use the following link to the ParentPay website:
During term time the uniform shop is open to students during each break time.
Summer holiday openings are announced close to the holidays, but are generally in the last 2 weeks of the holidays.
All students are expected to wear the school uniform and maintain the highest standards of appearance at all times.
We believe that the wearing of a school uniform is an important factor in establishing a pride in, and identity with the school, and at the same time minimises social divisions between students.
The uniform comprises:
- Black school blazer with the school badge on the top pocket
- White shirt with button up collar - not a polo top
- Clip-on school tie in the section colour
- Black pleated skirt
- Boys - tailored black trousers - jeans-style are not allowed.
- Girls - either the approved school design or a similar style. Jean-style, low waisted, very flared, legging-style, belted etc types of trousers are not allowed,
- Light grey (Years 7-9) or black (Years 10 and 11) V-necked sweater with the school motif embroidered on the left hand side. (This item is optional)
- Black or white socks/black tights
- Plain black shoes - trainers and boots are not allowed. Please see notes below.
- Outdoor coats must be plain blue, navy or black. Denim, leather, track suit, hooded tops, sweat shirts and other fashion garments are not allowed.
Blazers should be worn at all times by all students. They may be removed in class at the discretion of the teacher. A jumper in place of a blazer should NOT be worn. Outdoor clothing is NOT allowed to be worn in school at any time. Trainers must NOT be worn in school apart from in Physical Education lessons.
Any request for permission to be excused wearing an item of uniform must be made in writing to the form tutor giving the reason and the period for which it is sought. The school has items of uniform which may be lent to a student without the correct attire, so that they can attend lessons as normal.
Sensible black, plain shoes must be worn that are leather or leather looking. Shoes that are fabric, canvas or suede will not be permitted. Similarly, boots, training/sports shoes or sports brands will not be permitted. Shoes must be plain black with no logos, stripes (including black !) or additional colours present and the laces must be black. Shoes should have a back to them and heels should be low.
The school will make any final decisions with regard to the suitability of shoes under this policy.
The attachment below shows examples of shoes that are acceptable and unacceptable as school wear.
Hair accessories and jewellery.
Hair accessories should be of a simple design in blue, grey, white or black.
For health and safety reasons no jewellery should be worn in school other than a watch and single stud earrings. Nose, tongue, face, body studs/bars etc are strictly prohibited as are acrylic nails or similar items. Students who arrive in school with such items will do their work in isolation.
Girls whose religious beliefs require legs to be covered can wear black leggings below their skirt or may wear black salwar kameez.
School Uniform Shop
The school runs its own uniform shop with Trutex and Stitch Design as our suppliers.
GIRLS' PE KIT
Sky blue polo shirt with school motif, Navy blue shorts with school motif, Navy/sky blue football socks; white training shoes.
In colder weather students may want warmer clothing and we therefore offer a royal blue sweatshirt with school motif (available from school). We suggest these are not purchased until the autumn / winter when it is clearer whether they are needed.
BOYS' PE KIT
Sky blue polo shirt with school motif, Navy blue shorts with school motif, Navy/sky blue football socks; white training shoes. Football boots / clean footwear for the astroturf may also be required.
In colder weather students may want warmer clothing and we therefore offer a royal blue sweatshirt with school motif (available from school). We suggest these are not purchased until the autumn / winter when it is clearer whether they are needed. Football boots / clean footwear for the astroturf may also be required.
PE DEPARTMENT’S POLICY FOR PE KIT
Physical Education is a legal and important part of your education and therefore it is essential for you to have your PE kit for every PE lesson, regardless of illness or injury.
There may be occasions where you may not be able to participate fully due to illness/injury. However, in these circumstances you can take on the role of coach, official or another role. You would wear your PE kit, which would prevent your school uniform from getting wet if the lesson is outside and raining.
The PE Department has, therefore, made it a policy that:
- PE kit must be taken to every PE lesson.
- If you have an illness or injury, you must bring a letter from your parent stating the reason and where applicable the length of time you will be unable to participate fully but you must attend PE with your PE kit.