19 March 2021
WoW – strategy CPD Focus – Reading for understanding
- Reading – Please continue to make reading a priority within your planning this week. Use one of the Reading Quick Wins slides if it helps.
- Reading Warriors resources – resources are saved here.
- PTSA – our trainee is in school Monday to Thursday this week.
- Trainee/new staff induction CPD this week – DTU/RLO/SYO: ICT/Numeracy/Literacy across the curriculum – virtual. Resources emailed.
- Setting work – please ensure that work is uploaded, as per department approach (i.e. Class Materials or Assignments), for every lesson so that isolating students can complete.
Feedback - Plan - Teach
Link to this term’s CPD focus – Improving reading for understanding by increasing independence
- Delivering effective remote learning
- Promoting wider reading within your subjects and reading for pleasure
For this week’s reflection, let us take some time to think about our SEN students and how they have been learning in our classrooms this week. Consider what has worked and what has not.
The following podcast may provide some food-for-thought and explores issues such as:
- The principles of good teaching for SEN students.
Remote Learning Policy (to be updated to reflect recent changes – by the end of this week)
Teaching and Learning Policy (containing blended learning approach)
Thanks to the Art Department for developing the Reading Warriors approach to Reciprocal Reading. The template slide has been adapted for the needs of the subject.