1 March 2021
I hope that you will find it helpful if I summarise the practicalities for return - a checklist of things to consider:
- Have you checked the correct date for return - it is different for each year group and is on the website here - https://www.waltonledale.lancs.sch.uk/term-dates
- Have you checked the bus arrangements if you need to? Our Blackburn bus services return to "normal" from Monday 8th March - the timetables are on the website here - https://www.waltonledale.lancs.sch.uk/parents/transport
- Is correct uniform sorted? Do you need to place uniform orders, get basics such as shirts or shoes or contact Mr Howarth or Miss Shaw if there are serious financial difficulties?
- Is equipment sorted?
- Face covering and spare (unless exempt)
- Pack of wipes to assist with safety
- Stationery (list on the website - https://www.waltonledale.lancs.sch.uk/parents/uniform and packs can be ordered)
- Exercise books
- Food and drink
- PE kit if on the timetable for that day.
- Bag to put it all in.
- Have you completed the online form if your son or daughter is exempt from wearing a face covering?
- Have you completed the online consent form for COVID testing if appropriate?
- Have you checked on Classcharts which form your son or daughter is in and made sure that they have checked which room they are going to when they arrive? They can look at https://www.waltonledale.lancs.sch.uk/about-us/pastoral and look at the form structure document which will tell them what they need to know.
- Have you and your son or daughter looked at the new structure of the school day - https://www.waltonledale.lancs.sch.uk/parents/school-day? This will apply to everyone, including those learning remotely, and there are changes to lesson times and lunches.
- Have you checked that there is some money on your son or daughter's account if they are going to order lunch?
We are very much looking forward to seeing everyone back....
Posted by James Harris
Category: WLD Updates