Walton-le-Dale works closely with our partner primaries, both those in the local area and those in Blackburn. For students who join us we have a comprehensive TRANSITION process to ensure that they feel safe, secure and confident when starting in September.
We also work throughout the year with our primary partners. You will see joint work, for example:
- In PE where we work with all our local schools through our primary sports co-ordinator
- In Dance and Food Technology
- In Drama with a number of primaries and The Coppice Special School
- In Languages where we offer an opportunity for primary children to start to learn a language
- In Maths where we provide additional support for those children working on Level 6 work
We also host a number of events for local primary schools, particularly in Gymnastics and Athletics.